A high quality precision dental replacement can only fulfil its task if treated appropriately. The patient, therefore, can also contribute to ensure the success of such quality work by:
- ensuring a commitment towards oral and dental hygiene
- regular checking of the prosthesis for intactness, freedom from stresses and adaptation by the gingival surfaces
- taking great care when removing and inserting the prosthesis
- ensuring proper care and appropriate handling of the prosthesis after instruction by the practitioner
- following a short ‘instruction manual’
- given to the patient by the practitioner for care of the new custom made prosthesis.
By following these guidelines the patient should have many years of a care-free life with their telescope double crown dentures.